Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Money for Jam at Aotea Square

Greetings Jam followers!

Please accept my apologies for this not having got to you earlier, but life (and labour weekend) interrupted. However I DO have the photos from last Thursdays Busking Event.

Like I said in the previous post The weather didn't exactly behave, but despite the periodic down pour we all had a fantastic time.

I didn't realise this at the time, because true to form I was late but the brand new Mayor of the new 'Super City' Auckland Len Brown also rocked it out on the mike! Here is a photo of him in action.


Now, if you came along on the day or happened to be passing by I imagine you would have noticed all the balloons! And they were all blown up by our fabulous AUT PR Girls. Heres a photo of them posing with them all blown up.


Now here is a beautiful photo of Moana, one our Jammers with the 4oClock Jammers singing on the 'stage' together. The 4oClock Jammers did fantastic on the day and collected $128 from spectators! That's a great effort guys!


The Latenighters are another team who have done really well so far! And only just recently knocked off the top stop as far as the fund raising is concerned. Here's a photo of Andrew Tanyon with our Star Jammer Jaden.


Ben may have gotten up and rocked the crowd last but he certainly did a fantastic job. As you know from my previous post I was shaking his Bucket and I managed to collect $51.40 from people passing by and stopping to have a listen. I am quietly quite proud of myself. Here he in all his glory, you could have a hard time imagining that he has Aspergers in this photo and finds social situations very awkward. However he seems to adopt another persona when 'on stage' and well, the crowd really can't help but love him. (He writes all his own music and lyrics too!) And I can honestly say that if it wasn't for StarJam and the patient mentoring and belief of Bob his StarJam Guitar Teacher, he wouldn't be where he was today. Not only getting up on stage to DO IT but ENJOYING himself in the process!


Next up we have four of our cutest buskers. Lew and Eddy and ROCK U, who are two teams of VERY talented boys! I was blown away at how well they could play and sing! Jeez, I wish I had even a tiny amount of the talent they possess.
Here's Lew and Eddy

And here is ROCK U


The Balzats are a WHOLE family of amazingly talented people, and if it wasn't for the fact I had a bucket to shake I would have happily spent the whole afternoon listening to them. I hope my kids want to play insturments when they are bigger, this family are complete stars! They collected a whooping big $240.50 and I can totally understand why!


The Foxy Stars preformed before I arrived, but they looked very business like all dressed up in their work attire. They also have raised heaps busking! And have you seen their video? Very cool and worth checking out. Here is a picture of them posing with Moana.


Jessica was second to last on the stage on the day so I thought, hey lets put her in the same position! Jessica aka Girl Meets Uke WOWED the crowed with her opera singing abilities (She sang Ava Maria the song she preformed at my wedding). I may be a tad bias but this girls can SING! So well in fact she got a $100 from ONE single Man! I'm so so proud of her! This is a photo of her while singing, with my boy Captain Chaos as her music stand.


And just to see you out for the evening, here is a photo of Julie with Len Brown, Jaden and Daniel!

Don't forget to hit the 'Like' Button to support us on Facebook plus go ahead and follow us on Twitter!

We also have some more teams! So I'll tell you some more about them tomorrow!! Don't forget that the competition phase of Money for Jam ends at Midnight on the 31st October so get donating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share